September 04, 2008

Journey

Sometimes I question why God would let certain things happen to me.
I don't understand I pray every night for the conclusion of my struggle down on my knees.
I'm only one person, I have no help, he watches me day to day.
I've learned my lessons, I've created new goals, Please God deliver me I pray.

When times get tough I remember that you have control over everything that I do.
I also know that until I put all my doubts in your hands I'm not completely trusting you.
For you will not give me anything I can't handle, I truly do believe.
But why do things get tougher, why do I have to struggle even when I know you love me?

I've made mistakes day to day, the mistakes that you have already forgiven me for.
I tell you I'm sorry I apologize for my actions, yet you continue to put me through so much more.
If only I could be rescued, Where in the world is my guardian angel hiding?
I need her beside me, I need her protection. I'm telling the truth, I'm not lying.

I don't think I've done something that is so bad I must suffer for my actions.
All I can do is fall back, hand you all my burdens so that I can relax.
Let you carry them heavy on your back, not trying to figure out why you do what you do.
In the back of mind I'm aware that there is a reason why I'm walking in these shoes.

3 comments:

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

yes we must all have control and be accountable

have a gr8 weekend jones

Don said...

Damn. I feel you, trust me I feel your every word. You are very versatile.

Mahoganydymond™ said...

"I don't think I've done something that is so bad I must suffer for my actions.
All I can do is fall back, hand you all my burdens so that I can relax.
Let you carry them heavy on your back, not trying to figure out why you do what you do.
In the back of mind I'm aware that there is a reason why I'm walking in these shoes."

I understand where you are coming from. God hears you, like the title says Journey. He is taking you through these things for a reason. It will come clear once you really put all the things troubling you in his hands.

Great entry...